We are always happy to receive CV’s from highly motivated, qualified engineers and technologists. Specific vacancies will be advertised on this website and in the press as they arise.
In addition, we have developed ongoing relationships with a number of local secondary schools and we offer work experience placement for pupils each year, to give them the opportunity to explore life in an engineers’ office.
STRUCTURAL ENGINEER REQUIRED
Are you a Structural Engineer with ambition, diverse work experience and a passion for designing projects that will last far into the future? If so, we would like to invite you to join our team. We are a small company based near the heart of Sutton Coldfield, and are well versed in the competitive field of Structural Engineering, having many longstanding clients, some of whom we have worked with for over 40 years. You will be actively encouraged to take on interesting projects from start to completion. We can offer a generous pay package along with career development and advancement opportunities.
Primarily we require a Structural Engineer though some knowledge of Civil Engineering (roads and drainage) Design would be advantageous, but not essential.
Due to our size you will be directly involved in small to medium sized projects up to £25M in value, and ideally will have previously worked in a similar position.
You will be encouraged to develop a relationship with existing clients and seek new opportunities wherever possible.
• Ability to manage your own projects, from conception to completion.
• Produce calculations for all Structural materials steel, concrete, masonry and timber etc.
• Prepare drawings using Autocad
• Carry out site visits and attend meetings
• Selecting appropriate construction materials
• Providing technical advice to clients and colleagues
• Liaising with relevant professions as part of the design team
• Monitoring and inspecting work undertaken by contractors
• Preparing condition reports of existing structures
Job Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil or Structural Engineering, plus minimum of ten years relevant work experience in a similar role • MIStructE or MICE or working towards • Proficient using AutoCAD • Experience of design software such as Tekla TEDDS, Tekla Building Designer, Fastrak Portal • Experience designing steelwork and reinforced concrete • Decisive with excellent critical thinking skills • Good written and verbal communication abilities, including preparing reports • Ability to work on your own to deliver a project, from start to completion
Package on Offer
• Competitive salary between £35k to £50k dependent on experience • Company pension scheme • 20 days floating holiday plus bank holidays plus additional days at Christmas • Payment of fees to IStructE or ICE where applicable
OFFICE SECRETARY – MATERNITY COVER
We have a part – time, temporary position within our company for a secretary, to cover 9 to 12 months of maternity leave starting in May 2021. You will be office based; however, we offer a safe and Covid secure working environment.
We are a busy professional practice of Structural Engineers formed in 1990, and are looking for a suitable person to assist our Engineering office staff. Our office is located within Sutton Coldfield, and parking is available if required.
Duties will include reception, answering telephone calls, dealing with mail and correspondence, typing letters and comprehensive reports, filing and locating archived records, invoicing, ordering stationary and other consumables used within the office, assisting office staff with printing and scanning. Full training of these duties will be given. Previous experience of at least 5 years in a similar role would be required, and you will need to be proficient in the use of computers, accessing data files, electronic mail and Microsoft Word. You will need to be able to work independently and without supervision.
This role is for up to 20 hours per week, spread over 5 days.
Application deadline: 31/03/2021
Salary: £12.00 per hour
Please forward your letter of application and CV to email@example.com.